Spaces

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

More about Huck

Over the weekend I had "primary vote" with a bunch of teenagers. First, we listed the top 4 candidates for each party. Then we asked them what they knew about the candidates. One of the more politically aware ones said Huckabee was a religious psycho.

Mindful of the young minds (and aware of my duty not to train them into my liberal fascist kooky camp), I said, well, hang on a minute. Huck was a Southern Baptist minister, yes. But he also says that his religion compells him to be pro-life even after birth, to care for the poor, etc. So, I said, you'll have to come up with something more damning if you want to use the word "psycho".

So while I will not go reporting this back to the kids, I will state firmly that anyone who says the Constitution should be changed to be more in line with the Bible (and which set of laws would we choose? And where would one stop?) is, for practical political purposes, psycho.

No comments: