Spaces

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Overwhelming news cycle

The headlines and the tiidbits and the screaming have been overwhelming me the past couple of days, and there are several subjects I really want to dig in to. Hopefully I will have the headspace today. briefly, though:

Daddy Bush, who has been running this country for 7 years, whose majority gave him pretty much whatever he wanted for most of that time, has decided that the congressional democrats are to blame for the worsening economy. Tell me another bedtime story, daddy.

The TV media continues to avoid the latest propaganda expose: admitting that they pushed paid pentagon "message multipiers" is apparently an unfair expectation. Brian Williams has been keeping an enlightening blog, though (earlier this week he announced that Peggy Noonan deserved a Pulitzer). He is sure that he and his staff are above criticism on this issue. Glenzilla reviews, here.

Countrywide has revealed a $893 million loss in this quarter- third consecutive quarterly loss. Meanwhile, Mozillo took home over $20 million in pay last year, plus $121 million in stock options. I've been avoiding the Countrywide story because I have friends over there and they've got enough attention. But really: would anyone like to tell me again how CEOs are paid a lot because they're just that valuable?

I can't even begin to think about Afghanistan and Iraq this morning- way too much there. I'll save it for later. I would like to point out, though, that while Bush rattles on about keeping tankers in the gulf as a "reminder" to Iran, and Hillary blusters irresponsibly about nuking 70 million people there, respected republicans believe we should be talking- to EVERYONE. More on that later.

Also, the Reverand Wright. I have multiple threads running around in my head, and it will take a while to sort them out. But at this point, the screaming has gotten too loud to ignore, so sort it out I will, later.

No comments: