Spaces

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Local lunacy

In addition to the local coverage I get from the Ventura County Star, the paper has commenting and blogs, and forums (which have declined and become icky and boring over the last couple of years). So I like to get a flavor of what people around here are thinking from the Star's website.

There are different commenters in different sections: people in the forums tend to stay in the forums (thank god). People who follow the local blogs tend to sound more thoughtful. The comments sections in the news and opinion pages often degenerate into flame wars, but it's interesting to check which stories will bring out which people, and which will generate the most ire.

Anyway. It's been a full week, so I figure I'll catch up on a couple of local threads that caught my eye over the past few days.

No comments: