Spaces

Saturday, August 09, 2008

After a respite, the keyboard beckons

It's been almost two weeks since I last logged on. Knoxville took my attention for a time. I worked out a local service with two other women in their honor, which we will hold tomorrow night. We'll acknowledge the sadness and anger, honor the dead and express our support for the surviving community. And we'll reaffirm our shared values. Putting this together has been a powerful experience for me. Almost no writing was required; there have been so many beautiful words written by UUs across the country. Creating the service was almost a process of simple selection and editing.

In addition to Knoxville, certain home and hearth things have been demanding, and so I haven't made the time to write about exterior things.

But my personal internal is often moved forcefully by the external, so it's best that I blog, even if it has no outcome other than that I have spent some time forming sentences.

Ahhh... so off I go.

No comments: