Spaces

Friday, August 29, 2008

No, Senator McCain, I Am Not An Idiot

You think I'm stupid.

You think I'm going to fall for it.

You think that because I loved Hillary Clinton, gave money to Hillary Clinton, stood in the freezing rain for two hours to see her speak, put a sticker on my car, wore my pin around town, and supported Hillary Clinton to the very end, that I will vote for you.

You think I will forget every single one of my personal and political values just because there's a vagina on your pro-war, anti-woman, anti-science ticket.

You, Senator McCain, are wrong.

I'd love to see a woman in the White House. I would have loved to see a woman on Obama's ticket.

But not this woman.

Not a woman who thinks decisions about my body should be made by hateful old men in Washington.

Not a woman who thinks science is a myth.

Not a woman who thinks the Republican party has anything to offer besides more war, higher taxes, oil dependency, and hate.

I am not falling for it, Senator McCain.

Because what you do not understand is that my support for Hillary was not about anatomy. It was about values. Hillary Clinton articulated and represented my dreams.

You do not. Not even with a vagina on your pathetic ticket.

This changes nothing.

No way. No how. No McCain.

Cross-posted at DailyKos

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are so many other republicans who have the same conservative credentials and much more experience governing. Palin was picked over them for one reason only -- she is a woman. And that is an insult to women in general. Actually, now that I think about it, there may be another reason she was picked. She may be the only conservative woman who was willing to be on the ticket with McCain. And that alone speaks volumes to her lack of experience.

Bly said...

I didn't even check for your post when I made mine- of course you beat me to it.

They're playing identity politics on a field they do not understand. I am really hoping that it backfires spectacularly, with women like the two of you being heard- LOUDLY.